Sunday, January 3, 2010

NEW START for 2010!

Welcome back everyone! I hope everyone had a relaxing break and is refreshed and ready to learn for 2010! I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all of my students of several things:

1. Everyone is starting semester 2 with an A! Isn't that great? You can keep it or you can lose it - that part is entirely up to you!

2. Late work - Ms. Weisz was fairly nice about late work last semester, but ultimately it was pushed too far. Too many students waited too long to turn in assignments. This semester I'm sticking with my original policy so here it is; Assignments are due at the beginning of class. If your assignment is turned in later than that - be it one minute or one week - I will deduct 20% off your grade. Assignments may be turned in up to 7 days past the original due date for 20% off. I will NOT NOT NOT accept any assignments that are later than 7 days past the due date. Period. End of Story.

3. Incomplete work - Do not turn in assignments that have questions unanswered, and do not write "I don't know" or "IDK" as a response to questions. I will not score these assignments. I will hand them back to you and ask you to complete them, and then you will receive a late grade when it is turned in again. I usually give A LOT of time in class for you to complete assignments and get help from me if you need it. If you do take an assignment home and happen to be struggling with a particular question, you can email me, call me, contact me on Google chat, or come see me FIRST THING in the morning so that I can help you or at least know that you were having some trouble and I won't dock you on late points.

4. I am more than confident that each and every one of my students knows how to get through our class sites to find assignments, the calendar, their email, PowerSchool, and anything else they may need to take responsibility for their learning at school. I expect you all to make good use of these great tools you have to do exactly that.

Here's to a great new year and a great second semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment